Thursday, December 10, 2015

Me and the Old Boys

boxer dogs

You all know I am a nature walker, I love my little hikes in the Connemara hills, but I am also a dog lover. I love my boxer dogs and for me it is not a good walk if they are not with me. 

boxer dogsboxer dogs

You have no idea how cool it is to go out with the boys.
We all walk with the same pace, it is quiet and peaceful on the road, it's just us and mother nature.

boxer dogs

I usually let them go in front of me, but most of all they love to fit me in the middle, so I am save and sound between them. You never know, someone might try to talk to me...Not a very wise idea if you are a man, my boys get a bit cranky and don't really let anyone come close. Otherwise I keep telling everyone they are just a pair of sofa cushions. 

boxer dogs

boxer dogs

I know that no one believes me though, especially when I see people crossing the road, afraid to walk past us.

I feel sad sometimes knowing how misunderstood boxers are. Because of their size and the unusual amount of energy, people believe them to be scary beasts.
This is so not true! There is no one more loving and gentle than my two boys.

boxer dogs

boxer dogs

boxer dogsboxer dogs

Once I was asked "Are they wicked?" by a woman with crazy eyes who run fast down the road in case they decided to eat her. The Old Boys didn't even look at her. They simply know who is not fit for consumption ;-)
boxer dogs

Anyway, I can not blame anyone for being afraid of dogs. I have great experience with mighty beast (haha) but I still know when to be cautious. I have been beaten by a dog before and I know how it feels. Strangely enough it wasn't any of mine, but one of those sheep dogs that like to bark a lot at passers by, every time you go past their house (you know one somewhere for sure) One day this particular guy didn't just bark but decide to sneak behind me and bit me on the back of my leg. OUCH!!

I am proud to say that my boys have much better manners than this, they would never do anything like that!! They don't bark, they don't jump at people, they are perfectly behaved simply because we walk them every they for 2 hours no matter the weather, we love them, we hug them all the time and we live in harmony.

boxer dogs

We love each other very much 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

July dreams in February

I am so tired of the rain and the bad weather I find myself daydreaming of summer. I am thinking of those wonderful July walks, very early ...