Sunday, August 17, 2014

Last of the summer

I was walking today in the countryside with the dogs and noticed an alarming occurrence - the end of the summer is approaching. Slowly, slowly it is creeping up on us, and before we know it, autumn will be here. 


This fact always makes me sad because I love the freedom of summer - holidays, beach, water, walks in the forest. Early mornings with crisp air and sun up high in the sky from almost 4 o'clock in the morning, sunsets so late you don't have to wait for them at all... You know...there are so many fabulous and gorgeous things about summer that we all love...

I am not saying that I don't like autumn, on the contrary, actually I really love the season when the colours of the trees change. It is one of my favourite moments as a photographer.

The end of summer means the cold is coming, the rains soon after, then the days are getting shorter and darker... The leaves will fall out and the then the greys and browns and all the other dark shades will be ruling in nature until the spring arrives again next year with fluffy blossoms and new wonderful light and all will be reborn again....

For now everything is still green, although the dark verdant colours of the full summer are gone and the grasses and leaves are tinting in hues of golden brown and orange, subtle in its change, no one can see them but me and still, I know it is there and it makes me edgy although I try to ignore it.

ok, I will stop, the last of the summer is still here, no need to go crazy...yet


road, dogs walking, summer feeling

green plants, raindrops, dogs walkinggreen ferns by the side of the road, boxer dog

boxer dogs, tree, summer greens tree, green ferns

tree, beautiful light, green fernstree, green ferns, great summer light

big tree, great summer light

big tree, green ferns

macro image of raindrops on a plant

macro image of a plant with raindrops

ferns, boxer dogs walking

Thanks for being here with me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

July dreams in February

I am so tired of the rain and the bad weather I find myself daydreaming of summer. I am thinking of those wonderful July walks, very early ...